Lower Sugar Stone Fruit Crisp
I love cooked fruit because it has an amazing natural sweetness. There is no need to add a lot of sugar to make a cooked fruit dessert yummy! This recipe utilizes agave syrup too, which has a lower glycemic index. This means that this ingredient will not spike blood sugar levels as much as regular sugar.
Not only is this dish low in sugar, there is also no saturated fat! I used oil in the topping instead of butter. Don’t you worry though, this is dish is still FULL OF FLAVOR! Paired with a delicious scoop of vanilla ice cream, this dessert is a great treat without having to feel guilty :).
Serves: 7-8 people
3 Very Ripe Large Peaches - cut into thin wedges
2 Plums - cut into thin wedges
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Agave Syrup
1/2 tsp Apple Pie Spice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Corn Starch
1 cup Oats
1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour or All Purpose Flour if you do not have GF
2 tbsp Canola Oil
2 tbsp + 2 tsp Agave
Good Quality Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a medium sized casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Thoroughly mix the "filling ingredients" in a large bowl until a syrup has formed.
4. Mix the "topping ingredients" in a separate small bowl.
5. Place the filling ingredients in the casserole dish and evenly spread the crisp topping over the fruit.
6. Bake in the oven for 45 min or until the top is lightly browned.
7. Serve with a scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream and maybe a little whipped cream too!