Roasted Chickpeas & Veggies with a Lemon Tahini Sauce
I love exploring new flavors and food cultures. I grew up on Italian food and while I still love cooking and eating this cuisine, I enjoy learning new cultural cuisines even more!
This dish highlights Middle Eastern and Indian flavors. Combined, these cultures helped create an amazing plant based lunch for me one day! Not only is this dish so flavorful, it is also a great source of protein, fiber, and micro nutrients for the body. I implore you to also try this dish and experience a new culture for lunch :)
1 Head Cauliflower - cut into small florets
2 Large Sweet Potatoes - peeled and cubed
1 Can Low Sodium Chickpeas - drained and rinsed
1/4 cup EVOO
1/2 tbsp Tandoori Masala Seasoning - I use Frontier Co-Op Brand
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (reduce to 1/4 tsp if you cannot handle spicy! Can also omit)
Juice of 1 Lime
Lemon Tahini Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup Tahini
1/4 cup Lemon Juice (around 1 1/2 lemons)
5 tbsp Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper - I use Lawerys Brand
2 tbsp Non-Fat Plain Yogurt (or a dairy-free plain yogurt option)
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix all “main ingredients” in a large bowl until the vegetables and beans are evenly coated with the seasonings and oil.
3. Line 1-2 sheet trays (depending on how big your trays are) with aluminum foil. Evenly spread your vegetable/bean mixture on these trays.
4. Roast for 40-50 min (cook time varies if you are using 1 or 2 tays) or until the sweet potatoes are fully cooked and the vegetables and beans are lightly browned. Make sure to mix your vegetables with a spatula halfway through cooking.
5. While your mixture cooks, create the tahini sauce in a small bowl.
6. When the veggie/bean mixture is done cooking, drizzle with the tahini sauce and serve immediately!