A vegetarian meal that meat lovers will also love! Do you like Indian flavors and need a meatless day? Try this easy to follow recipe! The cauliflower helps give that “meat” craving from the texture and the cheese gives such great savory flavor. This meal will also feed 5-6 people! Impress your friends with this homemade Indian dish and pair with some naan bread!
Paneer Marinade Ingredients:
1 - 8oz Block Low Sodium Paneer Cheese
1/4 cup Low-Fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Red Bell Pepper - small chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 Head of Cauliflower - cut into bite sized pieces (about 2 cups)
1 Yellow Onion - small chopped (about 2 cups)
3 Garlic Cloves - minced (1 1/2 tbsp)
1/2 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
28oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
1/4 cup Reduced Fat Milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Reduced Fat Plain Yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl with the paneer.
3. Line a sheet with parchment paper and cook paneer for 17 min or until bottom of the paneer is browned. Cut into 1 inch cubes and reserve for later.
4. Using a large deep dish skillet, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil on medium high heat. Add cauliflower, peppers and onions. Cook 3 min on medium high and then 7 on medium heat or until the cauliflower are fork tender, stirring occasionally. The last 2 minutes of cooking, add the chopped garlic.
5. Add 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1 tbsp tomato paste. Cook 1 min on medium heat, stirring constantly.
6. Add the 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, 1/4 cup reduced fat milk and cook for 2 min.
7. Turn off the heat and add the cooked paneer, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 cup reduced fat plain yogurt. Stir to fully combine and serve with cauliflower rice or basmati rice!