Want something light, refreshing, and easy for dinner? This recipe will hit all of those needs. Not only is this dish a quick meal, it is also healthy and full of amazing flavors! It is sweet, tangy, and slightly spicy. I love pairing tangy acidic fruits with spice and sweet. Fruit needs to be used more when making savory dishes…it is so underrated.
Before Cook Photo:
After Cook Photo:
1.25 lbs Cod (or 2 medium pieces)
The Juice of 1 Big Lime (4 tbsp juice)
2 Large Mangos - peeled and cut into thin slices (3 cups sliced mango)
7 Slices of Lime (1 large lime)
1 tsp Chili Lime Salt from Trader Joes (can also use Tajin seasoning)
6 oz container Shishito Peppers from Trader Joes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place fish on the sheet pan, skin side down. Also, tuck in the small thin tail end under the fish so it doesn’t cook faster than the fish.
3. Pour the lime juice over the fish. Then, evenly place the lime wedges and mango slices all over the fish (placing some lime on the bottom and some on the top…there will be more mango than lime and it should completely cover the fish).
4. Evenly season the tops of the fish with the chili lime salt.
5. Place the shishito peppers around the fish. Spray the peppers with spray oil and sprinkle with salt to lightly season.
6. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven, or until the fish starts to flake.
7. Change the temperature to broil and broil the fish for 1-2 minutes, or until the peppers are lightly browned. Serve immediately!