Garlic Breadcrumb Brussels Sprouts Pasta
A light pasta dish that is a great side to any grilled meat that you will be making this summer!! It is also a very easy and quick pasta to whip up while your husband or wife watches the grill. I love this dish because it also sneakily incorporates your serving of vegetables!! I gave options if you wanted to make this meal gluten free too...enjoy!
2 tbsp Salted Butter
3/4 cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs (or gluten free breadcrumbs)
1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
5 Garlic Cloves - thinly sliced
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 - 12 oz bag Shredded Brussels Sprouts
1 - 1lb Box of Your Favorite Long Pasta, I used thin linguini (can be gluten free pasta too!!)
1/2 cup of Reserved Pasta Cooking Water
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the bread crumbs, garlic salt and garlic powder and mix until fully combined. Reserve for later.
2. Using a deep dish skillet, cook garlic in the oil on low heat for 2-3 min or until garlic starts to toast and the room smells of garlic!
3. Add the brussels sprouts and sauté on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes or until the it starts to brown, stirring occasionally.
4. Cook the pasta in a separate pot and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water after it is cooked.
5. Transfer the pasta, pasta water, brussels mixture and breadcrumb mixture to a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and mix until everything is fully incorporated. Serve with more parmesan cheese!