What happens when I cannot find corn flakes, I make a recipe with chex cereal instead!! This fish recipe is easy and so so so delicious! I am always looking for new ways to eat fish, and this recipe is definitely a keeper. I love the crunch that the cereal gives to the fish…it is so much better than panko! In my opinion, what makes this dish is the greek yogurt-based remoulade sauce. It is tangy and slightly sweet. So many flavors and textures for a dish that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Eat healthy and enjoy every moment of it!
1.5 lbs Fresh Cod Fish (3-4 filets)
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 cups Chex Cereal (or an off-brand chex)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
7-8 tsp Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
Greek Yogurt-Based Remoulade Sauce Ingredients:
1 - 5.3 oz Container Greek Yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
2 tbsp Mayo (Hellmann's is the best to use)
1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp Ketchup
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and evenly space the fish on the tray.
3. Spread 2-3 tsp of greek yogurt per filet until it looks like a nice even layer is on each piece of fish.
4. In a medium bowl, place the chex cereal. Smash the cereal with the back of a heavy glass. Add the cheese, and extra virgin oil to the bowl and mix until combined. Evenly place around 5 tbsp of the this mixture on top of each piece of fish.
5. Place the sheet tray in the oven and cook 15 min and then broil 1-2 min or until the top is lightly browned.
6. While the fish is cooking, make the remoulade sauce. Using a small bowl, mix all of the remoulade sauce ingredients together until combined; set aside.
7. When the fish is done, serve with a little of the sauce and enjoy!