This is another one of my recipes where I make buffalo sauced foods “healthy”. It is a problem how much I love buffalo flavor (hahah), but I am determined to eat it!!! This recipe will not disappoint, I promise. It also utilizes that leftover chicken you have in your fridge that you have NO IDEA what to do with. It is easy, healthy and satisfies that buffalo craving you and I ALWAYS have. Please let me know if you love it as much as I did!
1 large Spaghetti Squash- cut in half and seeded
Spray Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cups chopped leftover chicken (I used thigh meat, but breast meat also works)
2 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
1/4 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
Cracked Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Using a sheet tray, line it with aluminum foil.
3. Place the cut and seeded squash cut-side-up on the sheet tray. Spray with oil and generously season with garlic powder.
4. Cook in the oven for 1 hour.
5. While the squash is cooking, cut up leftover chicken.
6. In a medium bowl, microwave the butter with the Franks hot sauce for 1 min or until the butter is melted.
7. Add the Greek yogurt and part skim mozz, whisk until combined, set aside for later.
8. When the squash is fork tender, using two forks, scrape the insides into “spaghetti” in a large bowl.
9. Heat up the sauce and chopped meat in the microwave. Then, add the sauce and meat to the spaghetti squash, mix until fully combined.
10. Top with 1/4 cup of blue cheese or more if desired and serve with fresh cracked pepper!