I love everything lemon and who doesn’t love fried food? These lemon chicken breasts taste like they were deep fried and are so lemony in flavor! They are also so easy to make and are ready in under 30 minutes after they marinade in lemon juice. Just because you want to be healthy, doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice crispy and delicious food! Enjoy these chicken breasts with a side salad, and maybe a pasta of your choice.
2 Large Chicken Breasts sliced in half (to make thinner breasts)
1 Large Lemon
3/4 cup Flour
2 Eggs (whisked)
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 tsp Lawrys Lemon Pepper
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
Lemon sauce Ingredients:
2 tbsp Butter
1/8 tsp Lawrys Lemon Pepper
2 tbsp Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1. Place the chicken and juice of 1 lemon in a ziplock bag and marinate for 3 hours.
2. In 3 separate bowls, place 3/4 cup flour in one bowl, whisked eggs in the second bowl and panko breadcrumbs in the last bowl. Dip each breast in the flour, dust off the excess flour, then dip in the egg and lastly the panko breadcrumbs. Place the chicken on a plate and reserve. Continue the breading of each chicken piece until all 4 pieces are throughly breaded.
3. Season the top of each chicken with 1/4 tsp Lawrys Lemon Pepper, 1/8 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning.
4. Spray the grate of the air frier with spray oil and put in the chicken in herb side up. Spray the top of chicken with cooking spray. Set the air frier to 400 degrees and cook for 10 min. Let the chicken sit for 5 min.
5. While the chicken is cooking, put all of the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 6-7 min or until reduced by half. Pour the sauce over chicken when done!