This recipe feels indulgent, but is cut by using some greek yogurt at the end to add that extra creamy aspect! You will love this “surf and turf” Italian treat!! It feeds a crowd with only one pan! Impress your friends with this delicious meal!!!
10 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
The Juice of 2 Lemons + 1 Lemon (cut in half)
2 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
2 lbs (31-40 count) Frozen Shrimp - defrosted and tails removed
1/3 cup Sweet Cherry Peppers (in a glass jar) - roughly chopped
2 pints Grape Tomatoes - sliced in half
2 tbsp Minced Garlic (4 Cloves)
2 tbsp Butter
1 Large Onion - small chopped (2 cups)
1 lb box Orzo Pasta
1/2 cup Pinot Grigio Wine
2 cups Unsalted Chicken Stock
1 - 5 oz bag Fresh Spinach
1/4 cup Half and Half
5.3 oz Container Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese + more for serving
1. Using a large bowl, marinate the chicken thighs in the juice of 2 lemons and 2 tsp lemon pepper for 2 hours.
2. Spray a large skillet with oil and turn on medium high heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook 2-3 min or until lightly browned on one side, flip and cook an additional 1 minute. Remove from the pan and reserve for later.
4. Add the shrimp to same pan for 3-4 min and cook on medium pink until pink, stirring occasionally. Remove and reserve for later. Wipe out pan with a paper towel.
5. Add 2 tbsp butter and then add the onions, sauté 2-3 min or until browned. Add garlic and peppers, sauté 1 min.
6. Add the orzo and toast in the pan for 1 min.
7. Add the Pinot Grigio and cook for 1 min, stirring to scrape the bottom.
8. Add the chicken stock, bring to a simmer on medium high heat and cook until orzo is cooked and slightly toasted (around 7 min).
9. Add the tomatoes and half the spinach. Using a large wooden spoon, fold the orzo over spinach until fully wilted. Add the other half of the spinach bag and stir until wilted.
10. Add the reserved meat and cover the meat with the orzo mixture. Add 1/4 cup half and half and 1/2 of 1 lemon. Cook on medium heat, covered, for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
11. Off heat, add the shrimp, nonfat Greek yogurt. 1/2 tsp lemon pepper, 1/2 a lemon and parmesan cheese. Stir to warm through and combine. Serve immediately with more parmesan cheese!