I know “juicy” and “turkey burger” don’t usually go in the same sentence, but I have defied the odds with this recipe! It is so juicy, it will make you forget that turkey burgers ever existed!
This dinner not only feeds 5 people, it is also a healthy option that is cheap! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.
Lettuce Bun Option
1 lb 85% Lean 15% Fat Ground Turkey
1/4 cup +1 tsp minced Vidalia onion (1/2 the onion)
1 tsp granulated garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup Plain Low-Fat Yogurt
1/2 tsp Generic Italian Seasoning (I used ShopRite Brand)
1/2 tbsp Honey Mustard
1/2 cup shredded carrots
2 tbsp Italian style Bread crumbs that contain Romano Cheese
2 1/2 tbsp canola oil
Thinly sliced red onion
Thinly sliced tomato
Bib lettuce cups
King Size Thomas’ English Muffins
Eggs for a sunny side up topping!
5 slices of your favorite cheese
Tzatziki sauce (I used Whole Foods Brand)
1/2 tbsp of butter or spray oil
1. In a medium sized bowl, using your hands, combine all of the items listed in "ingredients" besides the sliced cheese and oil.
2. Form 5 patties and place them on parchment paper or a plate. They will be slightly wet, so I would recommend the parchment paper.
3. Heat a large cast iron skillet with the canola oil over medium high heat. Carefully add the burgers and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown on the first side. Flip the burgers, turn the heat down to medium and cook for an additional 6 min.
4. 2 minutes before you finish cooking the burgers, toast your english muffin (if using as the bun option) and cook your egg/eggs in a medium sized saucepan with 1/2 tbsp of butter or spray oil.
5. Add your cheese to the burgers (if desired) and place a lid on top of the pan (any lid will work) to melt the cheese (around 1 min of cooking time).
6. Assemble your burger with the toppings/buns that you would like! Serve immediately!