The EASIEST Spaghetti Squash Sausage & Peppers
Love sausage and peppers with pasta? This is the next best thing with spaghetti squash! It makes the dish gluten free, keto, and full of vegetables! Not only is this dish gluten free, it is also very easy! After roasting the squash, the rest of the dish takes a max of 10 minutes to assemble. You don’t even need to cut the peppers and onions! I use a bag of frozen peppers and onions to make this dish easy, but also full of flavor! I love showing how my favorite dishes can be easy and healthy! Never compromise on flavor people!
1 lb Sausage Links - cut into pieces
1 Spaghetti Squash - cut and cored
Salt and pepper
1 - 14 oz Bag Frozen Peppers and Onions - defrosted
1/2 Jar of your Favorite Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a sheet tray with foil. Place the cut spaghetti squash face up on the sheet tray. Spray the squash with spray oil and season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 1 hour or until tender enough to scrape out into a bowl (test with a fork). Scrape out the squash into a large bowl and reserve for later.
3. While the squash is cooking, cook the sausage in a large deep skillet on medium high heat until cooked through, around 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and reserve for later.
4. Using the fat from the sausage, add the peppers and onions and cook until the water is evaporated, around 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the reserved sausage back to the pan and 1/2 a jar of your favorite tomato sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes to combine all of the flavors, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the sauce to the squash, mix to combine and enjoy with parmesan cheese!