Anything that says shrimp and spicy, I am 100% in!! This dish is a great, easy weeknight meal that can be made in around 30 minutes if your shrimp are defrosted! It is also made with ingredients you have around your house and rice noodles for those that are gluten intolerant.
If you want a dish that puts your Thai restaurant to shame, this is one of them! Who needs takeout when you can make it healthier and TASTIER at home :).
2 Small Yellow Onions - cut in half and thinly sliced (around 2 cups of cut onions)
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Butter
7-8 oz Vermicelli Rice Noodles
Lime wedges for serving
Marinade Ingredients + Shrimp:
30-40 Count Tail Off Shelled Shrimp - defrosted and pat dry
1/4 cup Sriracha
2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
The Juice of 1/2 of a Lime
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tbsp Corn Starch
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and then add the shrimp. Mix to thoroughly coat the shrimp and marinate on the counter for a minimum of 15 minutes.
2. While the shrimp are marinating, in a large pan, add the onions, butter and oil and cook on medium-high heat for 4 min; stirring occasionally. Then, turn the heat to medium and cook for an additional 8 min, or until caramelized; stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and reserve on the stove.
3. Simultaneously, prepare the vermicelli noodles as the package directs and add the shrimp with all of the sauce to the pan with the onions.
4. Cook the shrimp on medium-high heat until all of the shrimp are cooked through and pink (around 5-6 min); stirring occasionally.
5. Turn off the heat, add your cooked noodles to the pan and thoroughly combine the mixture with the noodles.
6. Serve immediately with a squeeze of a lime wedge!