A simple fish dish that is full of Mediterranean flavors! When I cook fish, I do not like to get too complicated. I want to let the fish shine! This dish brings out the buttery, light texture of sea bass that makes it so desirable. The “hardest” part of this recipe is chopping the ingredients. I put “hardest” in parenthesis because it really isn’t that difficult…you can even do it ahead of time!
This is also a great dish if you are scared of cooking fish because you think you will ruin it. All you do is cook the topping and then throw the fish in the oven for 20 minutes with the topping you prepared. Easy, healthy, flavorful and feeds a crowd…sounds like a winner to me! A SPECIAL thanks to my Dad, uncles and cousin for catching this fish for me to use <3
3 cups Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 Medium Red Onion - diced (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives - small chopped
1/2 cup Spanish Olives - small chopped
5 Cloves Garlic - minced (around 2 tbsp)
2 1/4 lbs of Striped Sea Bass or Other Variety of Sea Bass - total of 2 pieces
1/2 cup Unsalted Chicken Stock
1 tsp Lawry’s Lemon Pepper
Ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take your sea bass out of the fridge and evenly place both filets in a large casserole dish. Set aside for later.
3. Using a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium high heat and add your diced red onion. Cook for 4 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
5. Add the tomatoes and olives and cook for 2 minutes. Then, add the chicken stock and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until the tomatoes are wilted.
6. Evenly pour the skillet mixture over your sea bass. Top the fish with 1 tsp lemon pepper and season with black pepper.
7. Place the casserole dish in the oven and cook for 20 min. Serve immediately!