Cauliflower is the new trend and I honestly understand why. Cauliflower rice, cauliflower gnocchi (from Trader Joes…amazing btw), cauliflower pizza, and now I am showing you an amazingly easy roasted cauliflower! So cauliflower pizza is a hard and labor intensive…but this dish is the total opposite! You don’t even have to cut up the head, just cut off the leaves. It is like a “set it and forget it” type of dish! Other than covering it with aluminum, it is a very simple, healthy and delicious side to feed a crowd!
Serves: 8 as a side dish depending on the size of your cauliflower
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 of a 15oz Container of Ricotta Cheese
1 Large Cauliflower
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Salt
5-7 Cranks of Fresh of Black Pepper
1 Large Cauliflower Head
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil. Cut off the leaves of the cauliflower and shave a little bit of the stem off, but keep the head intact!
3. Generously coat the outside of the cauliflower with the oil. Then, evenly spread the ricotta cheese and evenly distribute the seasonings.
4. Place the sheet tray in the oven even if the oven is still preheating (it is okay). Cook 20-25 min or until lightly browned on top. Then, cover with aluminum and cook for an additional 45 minutes. Take off the aluminum and finish cooking for 10 more minutes.
5. Serve whole on the table for a cool presentation and cut at the table, or cut before serving and then serve immediately!