A warm fall pasta dish that will sure to become a fall favorite. Comforting and FULL of healthy vegetables. Your family will want this on a weekly basis!!!!
4 cups Cubed Butternut Squash
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Salt and Pepper
1 lb Orecchiette Pasta
2 tbsp Canola Oil
1 Medium Yellow Onion - diced (2 cups)
4 Cloves of Garlic - diced (1.5 tbsp)
5 oz Baby Kale
4 oz Diced Pancetta
4 oz Garlic Herb Goat Cheese
1/4 cup Half & Half
Parmesan Cheese (for serving)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a sheet tray with foil, spray it with oil and place your cubed squash. Season with cinnamon and generously salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 30 min. Broil for 2 at the end to brown and then cool in the fridge to stop the cooking.
3. In a separate pot, cook orecchiette to package instructions, drain and reserve for later.
4. While the squash cooks in the oven, heat a large deep pan to medium high heat with 2 tbsp oil and add the diced onions. Sauté until lightly browned (2-3 minutes), stirring occasionally.
5. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
6. Add pancetta and cook 2-3 minutes to lightly brown, stirring occasionally.
7. Slowly fold in all of the kale until it is wilted and combined with the mixture.
8. Stir in the cooked butternut squash and the orecchiette pasta.
9. Turn off the heat, add the goat cheese, half & half and stir to make a creamy sauce (add more half & half if a sauce has not formed). Season with parmesan cheese to serve!