Updated: Aug 14, 2020
I was honored to be able to try a Paturebird chicken! These chickens are sent to your door frozen and butterflied (a full chicken that is flattened)! I like the fabrication of these chickens because it makes them easier to work with. They are also fully pasture raised! I must say…I was skeptical on how big of a flavor difference it would be. However, I was SO SURPRISED! This chicken was one of the best chickens I have ever tasted. Maybe pasture raised chicken does actually have an impact on flavor...
This recipe is great because it is an all-in-one meal. You have your vegetables, starch and protein. All you need is a salad, and a nice bottle of wine and you have a spectacular meal for friends and family.
1 Pasturebird Butterflied Chicken (order at: https://www.pasturebird.com), or a Whole Chicken That is Butterflied
1 tbsp Reload Fully Loaded Seasoning (found at: reloadrub.com), or an all-purpose poultry seasoning
1 - 24 oz Bag Baby Medley Potatoes or Fingerling Potatoes - Quartered
1 frozen 12oz Bag of Frozen Green & Red Peppers and Onions
1/2 bag (14.4 oz bag) of Frozen Pearl Onions
2 tbsp Fresh Rosemary Lightly Chopped - Divided (1 tbsp in the onion mixture and 1 tbsp on bird)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Divided
1/2 tbsp lemon pepper
Juice of One Lemon, Then Cut into Quarters
1 Lemon Cut into Thin Slices
1/2 tbsp Granulated Garlic
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cut potatoes, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tbsp granulated garlic powder, pearl onions, peppers and onions bag, juice of the lemon, the lemon quarters, lemon pepper and 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary.
3. Place your potato/onion/pepper mixture in a large casserole dish or throw-away deep dish aluminum tin. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Take the casserole dish out of the oven, place your chicken on top of the mixture. Evenly spread 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp of the reload seasoning and 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary. Place the lemon slices over the chicken.
5. Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 1 hour or until the internal temp reads 160. Let the chicken rest with aluminum foil for 3-4 minutes. Break down the chicken into white meat and dark meat and serve immediately!