The best part of these waffles is the addition of the chunky peanut butter! They have great flavor and are gluten free and can be dairy free! I also believe they are my fluffiest version of gluten free waffles. Oat waffles are also great after a workout or if you are trying to be keto! There is no real "flour" and oats are great carbohydrates to eat for replenishing after a workout. Enjoy the morning with this breakfast treat and a nice cup of coffee.
Side note...you can make this batter with a regular waffle maker, but I do not have the details of how many waffles it will create. I am guessing it would make 2 regular sized waffles.
Makes 3 Mini Waffles
3/4 cup Oat Flour or Old Fashion Oats - made into oat flour using a food processor (what I did)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 VERY Ripe Medium Banana - basically brown
1/4 cup Milk of Your Choice (can be dairy free too!)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
1 tbsp Chunky Natural Peanut Butter (only peanuts and salt!)
Spray Canola Oil
Optional Topping Ingredients:
Maple Syrup or Sugar-Free Syrup
1. If you are making oat flour from oats, food process the 3/4 cup of oats in a food processor.
2. Add all of the dry ingredients to one medium sized bowl, mix to combine.
3. Using another medium bowl, add the wet ingredients and the banana and using a potato smasher, smash until uniform but slightly lumpy.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl and mix until uniform, but slightly lumpy.
5. Heat your mini waffle maker and spray with canola oil spray. Once heated, add the correct amount of batter based on your waffle maker. Cook according to packaging instructions.
6. Serve with butter, syrup and berries!