A casserole that is cheesy, low carb and will feed a crowd! You won’t miss pasta or rice with this dish. The spaghetti squash gives a nice crunch and also helps trick you into thinking you are eating actual “spaghetti” from the stringy consistency. I hope you enjoy this keto recipe!
1 Large Spaghetti Squash
3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
2 Medium Heads of Broccoli - cut into florets
Pecorino Romano Cheese
Ground Black Pepper
1 cup Light Sour Cream
1 - 8oz bag of shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and spread the florets and chicken thighs on the sheet tray. Spray everything with oil and season with parmesan cheese, garlic salt, garlic powder and pepper. Set aside.
3. Cut and core your squash. Using another sheet tray, place the squash halves, cut side up, and spray the squash with the spray oil. Then, season with garlic salt.
4. Place both sheet trays in the oven and cook for 1 hour or until broccoli is lightly browned, chicken is cooked and the squash is fork tender.
5. Remove both sheet trays from the oven, but keep the oven on.
6. Scrape the spaghetti squash into a large bowl. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place both the broccoli and chicken into the same bowl. Lastly, add the light sour cream, 1 bag of cheddar, 2 tsp garlic salt, 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese and mix everything thoroughly.
7. Spray a large casserole dish with spray oil. Evenly spread the mixture into the casserole dish. Place the casserole dish back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Then, broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Serve with more pecorino cheese on top!