I don’t know about you…but I love chocolate and peanut butter. Reeses peanut butter cups are my guilty pleasure!! I wanted to create a dessert that matched my love for peanut butter and chocolate without making me feel heavy and bloated afterwards. This recipe fulfilled that desire! Not only is it gluten free, it is also lower in sugar (coconut sugar contains less carbohydrates than regular sugar).
The one aspect that puts these cookies over the top are the dark chocolate chips! They make this healthy dessert feel sinful…even though they aren’t! Yes, you can have dessert!! Try out these cookies with some milk and you won’t feel bloated or heavy. Instead, you will fulfill your sweet tooth craving and go to bed happy :).
Makes 13 cookies
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp powdered peanut butter (I used Crazy Richards)
1 cup peanut butter (I used Chunky Crazy Richards)
1 cup dark chocolate chips, or semi sweet
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350.
2. Using a kitchen aid mixer or a spoon, mix all of the ingredients, besides the chocolate chips, until uniformly combined. Then, add the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated (less than 1 minute).
3. Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes.
4. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Take enough mixture in your hands to make a 2 inch ball (you will need to add pressure to make a compact ball in your hands). Then, flatten the ball into a 1/4 inch thick patty. Place the newly flattened cookie on the sheet tray. Continue this process for the rest of the dough leaving around 1/2 inch between cookies (they won’t spread but it helps with even cooking).
5. Cook 13 minutes and then let the cookies rest for 15-20 minutes. Serve with milk or hot tea!