This meal was actually created because I was stumped on what to make for dinner one night. Do you ever just look into the fridge and think “there is nothing here to eat” when the fridge is full of food? Don’t get me wrong, I love leftovers…but I was stumped on how to remake them today.
That was when my eye caught the kale slaw in the back of my fridge. IDEAAAAAA!!! This was how my green garlic sauce was born. The rest of my recipe developed around this sauce.
In this recipe, I made a veggie pasta with the sauce, but you can also use it as a marinade on chicken or a sauce to serve over steak!
Serves 4-6 people depending on portion size
Green Garlic Sauce Ingredients:
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1.5 cups crispy kale slaw from whole foods (can sub another kale slaw)
3 tbsp plain greek yogurt
3 tbsp water
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1.5 tbsp milk
1 tbsp balsamic
Other Ingredients Needed:
1 lb orecchiette pasta (or your favorite shape!)
Shaved parmesan cheese (for the topping)
Lemon pepper (I swear by Lawry's brand)
Ms. Dash no salt Italian seasoning
Spray olive oil
2 1/4 cups (cut into quarters) cherry heirloom tomatoes—can find them at Costco. You can also use regular cherry tomatoes if you cannot find the heirloom.
5 1/2 cups of small broccoli crowns. (cut in half if too large)
2 tbsp balsamic
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Create the sauce- food process all of the sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside for later.
2. Spray a sheet pan with your spray oil and lay down the broccoli heads and the cut tomatoes. Spray an even coating of the olive oil over the vegetables and evenly season with garlic powder, lemon pepper and Ms. Dash Italian Seasoning.
3. Roast the broccoli and tomatoes for 30 min.
4. In a medium pot, bring water to a boil and add your pasta. Cook until al dente.
5. While the pasta is cooking, scrape the veggies into a large skillet and add half of the sauce.
6. Turn the heat for the large skillet to medium. Add the pasta to the skillet, the rest of the sauce, the water and the 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
7. Continue stirring until the pasta is evenly sauced.
8. Season with salt and pepper and top with grated parmesan cheese! Serve immediately!!