I love my meat, but I like to experiment with alternative protein sources to fuel my body. I also like to embrace the plant-based lifestyle once or twice a week to help with our environment.
This burger is a great source of protein, is very healthy, and it tastes great too! I like eating this burger over a salad for a very clean and refreshing lunch, but this burger can also be enjoyed on a bun with tomatoes, lettuce and my lemon yogurt sauce! This burger is also a great dish to whip up on a BBQ afternoon if you need a vegetarian alternative. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!!
2 cups Shredded Sweet Potato (1 large sweet potato)
1/4 cup Almond Flour
1 can Pink Beans (Goya Brand), drained and rinsed
2 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup crumpled non-fat feta cheese
2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
Lemon Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
1/4 cup Plain Low-Fat Yogurt
Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon (around 1 tbsp)
1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper
1. Using a potato smasher or the back of a heavy glass cup, smash all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl until it is uniform.
2. Create 4 patties out of the mixture and place on a plate.
3. Heat the canola oil or vegetable oil over medium high heat in a medium skillet.
4. Add the patties to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden on one side.
5. Flip, turn the heat to medium and cook for an addition 5-6 minutes, or until crispy/golden on the second side.
6. Serve with 1 tbsp of the lemon yogurt sauce on a bun with lettuce and tomato, or over a dressed salad!