Fall Sheet Tray Chicken Dinner
A full meal in one! Love love love sheet tray meals. This chicken meal is full of flavor, vegetables and protein! This dish also feeds a whole family and once you put it in the oven, you can go about other duties while the flavors meld in the oven. This dish is sweet from the butternut squash and pears and savory from the brussels sprouts and pancetta; It is the perfect mix of savory and sweet. A true “set it and forget it” meal that will give you leftovers that you will adore!
Feeds 5-6 people
Ingredients - Vegetable Mixture:
1 lb Container Chopped Butternut Squash or a Medium Squash Peeled, Seeded and Chopped
1 - 4 oz Container Diced Pancetta
1/2 Medium Ded Onion - diced (1/2 cup)
2 Medium Bartlett Pears - chopped into small cubes (2 cups chopped)
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Dried Rosemary
1 tsp Dried Sage
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
Ingredients - Chicken & Toppings Per Chicken Piece:
4 Large Chicken Leg Quarters
1 Tbsp Mayo
1/4 tsp Dried Rosemary
1/8 tsp Dried Sage
1/8 tsp Dried Thyme
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
Divide 1/4 tsp Black Pepper over the 4 pieces of Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients besides the toppings ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Spray 1 or 2 sheet trays (depending on how large your trays are) with spray oil. Evenly place the vegetable mixture over the sheet trays.
4. Spread 1 tbsp mayo on each chicken leg quarter and top each chicken piece with the seasonings listed under “toppings per chicken piece”.
5. Evenly place each chicken piece on top of the vegetable mixture.
6. Bake for 45 min and then let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve this meal with buttered egg noodles on the side if desired!