Easy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
This appetizer is so easy and is a healthier version of those overly cheesy versions. I never actually liked those mushrooms because the excessive cheese always stepped on the amazing sweet crab flavor. This recipe lets the crab shine and you can eat them without feeling guilty. They are also gluten free for those that have a gluten intolerance. Impress your friends with this fancy looking dish that is actually very easy! You can even stuff them ahead of time and bake them right when the guests arrive.
Makes 18 Stuffed Mushrooms
3 - 6oz Baby Bella Stuffer Mushrooms (6 mushrooms per pack)
16 oz Lump Crab Meat
2 oz Goat Cheese (1/2 of a 4 oz log)
2 oz Low-Fat Cream Cheese
2 1/2 tsp Minced Fresh Rosemary
2 tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese + More For Topping
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a spoon, de-stem and scrape out the insides of each mushroom and place them on a sheet tray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients until it is a uniform mixture.
4. Stuff each mushroom with 1 1/2-2 tbsp of the crab mixture depending on the size of the mushroom. Keep stuffing the mushrooms until all of the crab mixture is gone.
5. Top each mushroom with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
6. Bake in the oven uncovered for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately!