Updated: Jun 14, 2020
I love eggs and experimenting with different ways I can make them for breakfast. This recipe is so easy, and I love the presentation…it is so cute! Not only is it easy, but it is also tasty and healthy. Great way to also impress guests! These little meals are sure to please!!
Can serve up to 12 people due to the muffin tin size
Ingredients PER Egg Cup
(multiply by how many people you are serving):
1 piece of ham or preferred deli meat (torn to fit the muffin tin)
1 1/2 tbsp shredded cheddar or 1 slice of your favorite cheese (torn to fit the muffin tin)
Cooking oil spray
1 English muffin (for a lower calorie option, use 100 calorie Thomas’ English Muffins)
Butter (for the toast)
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Using a muffin tin with a larger cup size, spray the desired amount of cups with the spray cooking oil. You can also use a smaller muffin tin if that is all that is available...you will just need to cut your english muffin slightly.
3. Stuff the bottom half of the english muffin in the cup of the tin, it is okay if it doesn’t fit (the bread will come up slightly around the sides of the cup). Place the torn ham in the cup and then the cheese. Continue this process for as many cups as you are making.
4. Place the tin in the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
5. Take the tray out of the oven and crack an egg in each of the cups. Place the tray back in the oven for 12-13 minutes or until the egg whites are set (the whites should be opaque in color), but the yolk is still runny.
6. 3 minutes before the eggs are done, toast the other sides of the english muffins and butter them.
7. Pull out the eggs when the whites are set. Using a knife, loosen the egg “sandwich” from the tin and carefully place it on a plate with the other side of the buttered english muffin.
8. Serve the egg cup immediately with fresh fruit!