Now this is what I call healthier comfort food! It is creamy, warm and makes you feel happy and content after dinner. I “lighten up” what could be a meal full of calories by using 98% fat free condensed mushroom soup and light cream cheese. You don’t have to deprive yourself of creamy and rich foods…this is how you can still indulge! I also love this meal because you are only dirtying one pan the whole time you cook. Hope your family and friends will leave your dinner party with happy bellies!
Serves: 6-8 (If you cut the large breasts in haIf)
4 Large Chicken Breasts
2 Small Yellow Onions - chopped (around 1 1/2 cup chopped)
5 Cloves of Garlic- minced (around 3 tbsp)
24oz Package Baby Bella Mushrooms (or 3 - 8oz cartons) - thinly sliced
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Butter
1 1/2 Balls of Truffle Burrata (I used Bel Gioioso Burrata with Truffles, but regular burrata works too) - chopped up
3 tbsp Light or Non-Fat Cream Cheese (NOT WHIPPED)
1 Can 98% Fat-Free Campbells Mushroom Condensed Soup
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Optional Ingredient for Serving:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a cast Iron pan, heat the 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil over medium high heat until the butter is melted. Add half of the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir constantly for 1 minute to combine the garlic and oil/butter mixture with the mushrooms.
4. Add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and continue to cook on medium high for 3 minutes and then turn to high heat for an additional 5-6 min or until all of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
5. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and with the chopped burrata, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix to combine and set aside. (Don’t wash your pan!)
6. Prepare the chicken breasts by slicing a large pocked in the center and stuff each breast with as much of the mushroom mixture that can fit (it is okay to have leftover mixture).
7. Heat 1 tbsp butter in your “dirty” cast iron on medium high heat until the butter is melted. Add the rest of the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
8. Add the onions and stir constantly for 1 min and then cook for an additional 3 min, stirring occasionally.
9. Add the chicken breasts the pan with the 3 tbsp light cream cheese, 1 can condensed soup and the rest of the mushroom mixture over the top and cook for 2 min. Turn off the heat and transfer to the oven. (It is okay if the cream cheese is not evenly incorporated).
10. Cook in the oven for 40 min and then remove, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 min. If preparing egg noodles, start cooking while the meat is resting.
11. Spoon the sauce and extra mushrooms evenly over the chicken and make sure the cream cheese is now incorporated into the sauce with the mushrooms. I serve these breasts by cutting them in half because they are large and serve over egg noodles!