This soup will be comforting, warm and delicious on those cold fall/winter nights. Serve with a side of yummy bread and a salad and you have an amazing Fall dinner.
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 lb Spicy Sausage (can be sweet sausage if you do not like spicy)
1 Medium White Onion - small chopped (2 cups)
4 Large Garlic Cloves - minced (2 tbsp)
2 Medium Carrots- peeled and sliced into rounds. (Around 1 1/4 cups)
29 oz can Drained and Rinsed Cannelloni Beans
3 packed cups Baby Kale
1/4 tsp Dried Rosemary
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 cup Water
2/3 cup Light Cream
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Add 1 tbsp oil and sausage out of casing. Cook until fully cooked and broken up (4-5 min) breaking up constantly with a spoon.
2.Add onions and carrots and cook until onions soften slightly. (3-4 min)
3. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
4. Add beans, dried rosemary and dried basil. Cook 30 seconds and then add broth and 1 cup of water.
5. Bring to a boil and then cook on a simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally.
6. Turn soup on low and stir in the kale until fully wilted.
7. Turn off the heat and add cream and parm. Mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper if desired!