Thai flavors with out all of the effort! This chicken dish is so flavorful. After marinating in the lime and spices, it only takes around 15 minutes to make! Paired with rice and snow peas and this is a very easy and delicious weeknight meal for friends and family.
2 Large Chicken Breasts (~1.35lbs) – sliced in half to make thin cutlets
2 Juicy Limes (1/3 cup lime juice) + 1 Lime for garnish
2 tsp Tajin Seasoning
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Canola Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic – minced (1 tbsp minced)
4 Scallions - thinly sliced with hairs chopped off (1/2 cups sliced)
2 – 13.5 oz Cans Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
¼ tsp Ground Ginger
1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1. In a large bowl, marinade the chicken with the lime juice, tajin seasoning and garlic powder for at least 5 hours in the fridge.
2. Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in a cast iron over med high heat. Add the chicken (reserve marinade for later!!) and cook 3 min first side or until lightly browned. Flip the chicken and cook an additional minute. Remove from the pan and set aside for later.
3. Add the scallions, minced garlic and ground ginger to the hot pan and sauté for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Deglaze the pan with 1 tbsp white vinegar (scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon) and cook for around 15 seconds.
4. Add the 2 cans of reduced fat coconut milk and the reserved marinade to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 min. Add the chicken back and cook an additional 4 min on simmer.
5. Top with fresh lime slices and a little squeeze of lime and serve with rice!