This recipe is a great alternative to the comforting recipe of rice and beans. It is a great low-carb option and I am in love this brand of cauliflower rice. It is so easy because you just microwave it for 1 minute per pouch!! So fast and very healthy too! Not only will you feel full, you will also feel satisfied because the cauliflower rice tricks you into thinking you are eating rice!
2 - 7 oz packages of Full Green Riced Cauliflower or a Frozen Microwavable Alternative
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Bell Pepper, Small Chop (around 1 1/4 cup)
1 Medium Vidalia Onion, Small Dice (around 3/4 cup)
3 Garlic Cloves Minced (around 1 tbsp + 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Oregano
1 - 15.5 oz Can Goya Pink Beans or Your Favorite Bean, Rinsed
1/2 Cup + 1/3 Cup Tomato Sauce (we use our homemade jarred sauce, but you can use your favorite pasta sauce...try to look for a low sugar one!)
1/4 tsp Salt
1 - 10 oz Can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilis
2 Cups Chopped Rotisserie Chicken (I removed the skin and the bones and used the meat of 1 leg, 2 thighs and 1 breast)
Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Optional Topping)
1. Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan and warm on medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add the peppers and sauté for an additional 4 minutes to soften the peppers, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (~15 seconds), stirring constantly.
4. Add the 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, the can of diced tomatoes, the beans and the spices. Cook for 4 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring to make sure it is all combined. Then, turn the heat down to medium.
5. Microwave the “rice” according to the packaging instructions.
6. Add the cauliflower rice, chicken and the 1/3 cup tomato sauce to pan and sauté on medium high heat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
7. Serve with some grated sharp cheddar cheese on top!