Apples usually go with pork, but have you tried peaches??!! A quick caramelization and paired with red onions makes this meat so flavorful!
This dish is not only easy, but it will impress whoever graces your presence. This is also a great date night meal and they will never know it also has a healthy spin! Pair this dish with a nice bottle of wine, a side of green beans and some good quality bread and you have a spectacular healthy dinner.
The Two Pork Chops In the Pan:
4 Donut Peaches or 2 White Peaches, thinly sliced (2 cups sliced)
2 Bone-In Pork Chops
1/2 Red Onion (1 cup), Thinly Sliced
2 tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil
3 tbsp Flour (or GF flour if you are gluten free)
The Juice of Half of a Lemon (1 tbsp)
1 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
3 tbsp Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the flour on a plate and lightly flour both sides of your pork chops. Season both sides of the pork with salt and pepper.
3. Using a deep dish large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook for 2 min or until lightly browned (do not move them).
5. Flip the chops, cook for an additional minute. Remove the meat from the pan and reserve.
6. Add the onions and sauté for 2-3 min or until they start to soften and lightly brown.
7. Add the peaches, lemon juice, brown sugar, and 1/8 tsp of salt. Turn your heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the peaches have started to soften and a sauce has formed, stirring occasionally.
8. Add the pork back to the pan, spoon the toppings on top of the pork, add the chicken broth and put the pan in the oven. Cook for 25 min uncovered, or until the internal temperature reads 160.
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top and serve immediately with sides of your choice. Don't forget that nice bottle of wine!