Updated: Oct 20, 2020
I know people think that chicken is the worst protein, but I feel it is so versatile! I love learning new ways to prepare it and this is by far my favorite! It is easy and makes the chicken so juicy and delicious!! The buttermilk helps break down the proteins in this meat to make it tender and an amazing dinner for your family. Enjoy this easy and healthy new way to prepare your next roasted chicken dinner.
Chicken + Marinade Ingredients:
1 Whole Chicken - Butterflied (you can ask the butcher to do this, you can do it at home or you can order already butterflied Pasture Bird Chickens)
3 cups Low-Fat Buttermilk
1 1/2 tbsp Salt
Other Ingredients Needed:
1/2 tbsp Dried Rosemary
1/2 tbsp Dried Basil
1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
Serves: 3-4 people
1. Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 6 hours in the marinade ingredients.
2. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
3. After marinating for 6 hours, drain the marinade and place the chicken in a small casserole dish or a large cast iron pan.
4. Evenly top the chicken with the "other ingredients needed".
5. Cook the chicken for 45 min. After cooking, let the chicken sit for 2-3 min under aluminum foil, cut into pieces and serve immediately with friends and/or family.