I just had to put Italian influence on this old American and English classic dish. Most will prepare a chicken roast with herbs, spices and butter; simple, but delicious. I am here to mix that up a little! I love the umami quality of tomatoes and thought they would pair so well with this roasted chicken. Then I thought fire roasted red peppers could only compliment that flavor profile.
Not only does this dish take MAYBE 5 minutes to assemble and stick in the oven… it is a “set it and forget it” recipe! You just need to check it once halfway through to baste. While the chicken is roasting, you can do other things around the house, or make the side dishes for your meal! This dish would be great to make for company because not only does it will make the house smell amazing!
2 tbsp Butter, cut into slightly smaller pieces
12 oz jar Trader Joe’s bruschetta
7.75 oz jar Trader Joe’s fire roasted red peppers
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a medium casserole dish with cooking spray and carefully place your chicken in the dish breast side up.
3. Evenly stuff the pieces of butter under the skin of the chicken breasts. Then, generously season the outside of the chicken with garlic salt, garlic powder and pepper.
4. Evenly pour the jar of bruschetta over the chicken and then place your peppers on top of the bruschetta.
5. Roast (uncovered) for 1 hour and 45 min or until internal temp of the breast reaches 155 degrees, basting the chicken halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and let rest for 25 min to bring the chicken temperature 10 degrees higher. Carve and serve!