I like to find new creative ways to make salad instead of the boring cucumber, tomato and lettuce salad. This one is technically a “salad” but it is made with brussel sprouts instead of lettuce! So you will also get a good serving of veggies when you eat this salad. I also love that there is no cooking involved, there are only two manual preps you have to do and then it’s all assembly.
This dish is great for feeding a lot of people! I would serve this with a chicken dish or a fish dish, but honestly, it could go with any protein of your choice.
Up Close Shot!
Serves 8 as a side salad
1 1/2 bags - 1lb Shaved Brussel Sprout Bags OR Full Brussel Sprout Bags (only buy full brussel sprouts if you have a shredding device on your food processor)
1 1/2 cups Crumpled Goat Cheese
1 Pomegranate (you can find pre-seeded pomegranates at Trader Joes too)
1 - 3.5oz Bag of Unsalted Toasted Slivered Almonds (I used Fresh Gourmet brand)
1/4 cup Roasted Chopped Pecans
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Fig Balsamic OR Use Regular Balsamic and Add 1 tbsp Honey to the Balsamic
1. If using whole brussel sprouts, slice them using the slicing attachment of your food processor.
2. Open your pomegranate and remove all of the seeds. Reserve for adding to the salad.
3. Add the shaved brussel sprouts to a large bowl. Add your goat cheese, almond, pecans, pomegranate seeds to the bowl; mix to combine.
4. In a small bowl, using a whisk, whisk together you oil, vinegar and honey if using; reserve for later.
5. 20 minutes before serving, add your dressing the salad and thoroughly mix. Once the salad has sat for 20 minutes, serve with your favorite protein! I recommend a fish with this salad.