Do you like creamed spinach? How about a creamy spinach pork chops WITHOUT CREAM?! I utilize goat cheese and greek yogurt to make this spinach creamy and tangy. Not only is this comfort meal lightened up, you can also stuff the pork ahead of time and then finish cooking right before your guests arrive! I love "make-ahead" meals because then I can socialize more with my friends and family and not be anti-social in the kitchen all night. Easy, delicious and definitely a crowd pleaser that everyone will rave over!
8 - Thick Cut, Bone-In, Pork Chops
4 - 3 Inch Rosemary Sprigs - Minced (around 1 1/2 tbsp)
2 tbsp Light Oil PER Batch for Pan Searing the Pork Chops
Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
Non-Stick Cooking Spray for Your Sheet Tray
1 - 16 oz Bag Frozen Chopped Spinach - defrosted and all of the water squeezed out (I used a colander!)
5 oz Goat Cheese (half of the goat cheese log from Costco)
3 1/2 tbsp Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Granulated Garlic
10-12 Cranks of Fresh Black Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut large pockets in the pork cups for the filling to go into later.
3. Using 1-2 large sauté pans, heat the light oil over medium-high heat and add the pork (I had to use 2 pans to cook them at one time or you can work in batches). Generously season the top of each chop with salt and pepper.
4. Cook the pork for 2-3 min or until lightly browned on one side. Flip, and cook for an additional minute on the other side. Remove from the pan and reserve.
5. In a medium bowl, add the filling ingredients and microwave for 30-40 minutes, or until the goat cheese is soft enough to fully combine into the mixture.
6. Spray a sheet tray with non-stick spray oil and place all of the pork chops on the tray. Stuff each pork chop with around 1/4 cup of the mixture (depending on the size of your chops). Evenly top all of the pork chops with the minced rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
7. Place the tray in the pre-heated oven and cook for 20 minutes. Serve immediately!!